Bids are now being taken for snow plowing on school property for the School District of Loyal. Sealed bids are to be submitted on a cost per hour basis. Bids should also list the type of equipment and/or vehicles to be utilized. Bids will be received in the administration office until 4:00 p.m. on October 18, 2017, and acted on by the Board at its regular meeting that evening. All bids must conform to the specifications as listed. The School District of Loyal reserves the right to accept or reject any bid which it determines to be in its best interest.
- This bid is to cover the entire winter season for the 2017-2018 year.
- At any time when one or more inches of snow has fallen (or is falling), all areas cited shall be cleared as best possible by 7:00 a.m.
- Snow to be plowed includes all parking, driveway, and playground areas around the school complex.
- Snow plowing is not to take place during regular school hours unless by special request by the Building and Grounds Supervisor, and then never in the immediate presence of children.
- Proper equipment is to be provided by the contractor and used in accordance to the job required. Further, it is clearly understood that any property damage caused by the contractor shall be repaired/replaced at the cost of the contractor.
- A certificate of insurance shall be provided by the contractor specifying adequate liability and worker’s compensation insurance.
- All work shall be paid on a flat hourly basis.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Mr. Dan Lindgren, Custodial/Maintenance Supervisor, at 715-255-8511.