Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

School District of Loyal

Logo Title

Earning College Credits in High School

There are several ways that students at Loyal High School can earn college credits.    It is the School District of Loyal's policy to pay tuition for up to 18 approved college credits collectively in students' junior and senior years.  

1. Dual Credit courses. Dual credit courses are technical college courses that are taught by Loyal High School teachers here at Loyal High School.  LHS students earn high school credit and can earn technical college credits as well. 

2. Advanced Placement courses. AP courses are taught by Loyal High School teachers. After students complete an AP course, for which they earn high school credit, they can choose to take the AP exam. The exams take place every year in May. Exam scores and higher education institutions determine if college credit can be awarded to students.

3. CWETN College-Level courses.  Students at Loyal can take technical college and university courses via the ITV system at no cost.  See CWETN course options on the Loyal website by clicking HERE

High school juniors and seniors who satisfy the eligibility requirements under the Start College Now and Early College Credit Program (both formerly known as Youth Options) statutes and the administrative rules of DPI are allowed to enroll in pre-approved courses at an institution of higher education while attending Loyal School District.  Applications for these courses must be submitted by students/parents to the School District of Loyal by March 1 for the following fall's classes and by October 1 for the following spring's classes. 

4. Start College Now courses. Start College Now will allow high school students the opportunity to take college courses at Wisconsin Technical College campuses.  Click HERE for Start College Now applications. 

5. Early College Credit Program courses. Early College Credit Program allows Wisconsin High Schools to get reimbursement for some tuition costs for high school students who attend courses at university campuses.  Click HERE for ECCP application forms.