Graduation Requirements Class of 2025 Forward
27.5 credits will be required starting with the graduating Class of 2025
Required courses/credits include:
- 4 Credits of English
- English 9 (1 credit)
- English 10 (1 credit)
- 2 Junior English Selections (.5 credit each)
- 2 Senior English Selections (.5 credit each)
- NOTE: Juniors who wish to fulfil their senior English requirements with higher education courses must take the 1-credit College-Prep English course in their junior year
- .5 credit of English must be taken during the senior year
- 3 Credits of Mathematics
- Algebra (1 credit)
- Geometry (1 credit)
- Intermediate Algebra (1 credit)
- NOTE: 1/2 credit may be earned in Algebra Basics with teacher permission
- 3 Credits of Science
- Integrated Science or Biology in grade 9 (1 credit)
- Biology (if not taken in grade 9) (1 credit)
- One more Science credit
- NOTE: students are encouraged to take General Chemistry (1 credit)
- 3 Credits of Social Studies
- American History I (1 credit)
- Political Science (.5 credit)
- 3 Social Studies selections (.5 credit each)
- 1 Credit of Personal Finance
- Personal Finance (.5 credits)
- Finance and Investing (.5 credits)
- 1.5 Credits of Physical Education
- Phy Ed 9 (.5 credit)
- 2 Phy Ed selections (.5 credit each)
- .5 Credits of Co-Health
- .5 Credits of Computer Applications
- All other credits will be earned by selecting elective course options. Please see the Loyal High School Course Description Book and the CWETN Course Description Book.
- Eight credits of music may apply toward graduation.
Click HERE for a sample FOUR-YEAR plan, which lists all required courses for graduation.
*Classes approved for the third credit/year of Mathematics and Science at Loyal High School will apply toward the credit requirements to graduate from Loyal High School. However, these classes may not be accepted as math/science credit at other secondary schools or post-secondary institutions. Please consider this as you select your third Mathematics and third Science credits.
*Basic Algebra and Consumer Math can each count as .5 credits of Mathematics toward LHS graduation.
*Animal Science can count as .5 credit of Science toward LHS graduation.
*Horticulture can count as .5 credit of Science toward LHS graduation.
Foreign Language--2 years of foreign language are recommended, but not required for graduation. UW Madison requires students have 2 years of a foreign language for acceptance.